MoChi Fitness has shown how to take care of your heart all month long and this last post is the ultimate treatment: Taking you and your best friend (your heart) to new places!
Working out in new environments aside from the gym, especially outdoors, is not only good for your physical health but your mental health as well. According to a 2011 study, exercising outdoors correlated with a decrease in anger, confusion, stress, and depression. So what better way to relieve your heart’s problems than with a little fresh air and new sights.
Take Your MoChi Twister and Heart Here:
- Park your MoChi and you at the Park or Playground. That nearby park is the perfect place to bring both your dog and your MoChi Twister. And who says the playground is for kids only? Twist away while your kids play on the jungle gym.
- Get a good game (and twist) in at the Golf Courses. One of our MoChi fans took his Twisters to the green and twisted during his friend’s turn. The twist exercises not only helped pass time along but improved his swing!
- Twist and cheer at your kids’ Sport Games. Tired of sitting on the bleachers? Twist and shout while your kids kick and score! Soccer, rugby, and baseball games are probably the best bets for sideline sets of twisting and shouting.
- Move on your MoChi during ultimate outdoor activities: Camping and Hiking. Don’t wait until you get home from camping to hit the gym and twist. Pack your twister for your camping or hiking trip and move whenever you have downtime. Your outdoor experience will bump up your level of appreciation for exercise and the great outdoors.
- Stretch and twist at Rest Stops. Road trips can be a doozy on the body. Sitting for more than 6 hours a day (in one sitting) can increase your risk for diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. When you take that pit stop, make sure to twist it up!
Other Unexpected Places:
- Office, during your breaks.
- School, during the kids’ recess breaks.
- Vacation, twist off the fat and feel less guilty about all that eating you’re doing.
- Hotel, business trips can include mini twist sessions.
- Airport, sitting around the gate can be boring. Twist while you wait.
- Parking Lots, while you wait for someone/something like waiting to pick up your kids from school or from a movie.
- Home, make mundane activities more fun on the MoChi. Watch tv, do your chores (the safe standing ones), or work from home all while twisting.
Tips For Embracing Your New Workout
- Be Brave! It may feel a little weird to be twisting on your MoChi while cheering on your kids during their games, but the feeling will pass. The stares you get will mostly be out of curiosity and jealousy, because they’ll be thinking why didn’t they get in an efficient workout during their busy schedule too? The world is your oyster. Twist when you can and when it’s, for the most part, not disruptive. There’s no need to bring attention to yourself, but you do have to pay attention to your heart and give it every moment of exercise you can give.
- Be Inclusive! Like the old saying goes, sharing is caring. If you’re showing your heart some love while you twist in interesting places, you’re likely to peak other people’s interests. Invite them to join you, and twisting in new environments will be even more fun.
- Bring Props! Weights, hula hoops, scarves, medicine balls, the works. If you’ve got the option to tote these things along, do so. It’ll make the workout for your heart a little more dynamic and fun.
Inspiration: The Great Fitness Experiment
Figuring out what to give your friends or family this holiday season? Well look no further! Give them the gift of health to let them know how much you care about them. They inspire and motivate you to be your best, and what better way to show your appreciation than by inspiring and motivating them to do the same with these healthy gifts!
- For the Girl Who Brings Everything. Who says carrying gym stuff can’t look stylish? This backpack proves us right. Marc By Marc Jacobs Packable Backpack – $88
- For the Fashionista. She can keep cool and look cool all while running the streets (or in the house). Nike Pro Hyperwarm Print Tights – $55
- For the Muscle Man. Let him be comfortable in this tee while he focuses on his workout. C9 By Champion Men’s Compression Camo Shirt – $16.99
- For the Foodie. Transform their eating, snacking, and drinking habits with these nutritional cards. FitDeck Nutrition – $9.95
- For the Outdoorsy. Protect them in style during their outdoor ventures with this colorful double zip jacket. adidas by Stella McCartney ‘Run’ Performance Jacket – $250
- For the Detail-Oriented. Help them track their daily dose of fitness with this fun and sleek wristband. UP By Jawbone – $129
- For the Comfort Queen. Bring forth the cozy after their workout in this chic fairisle half zip sweater. Athleta Diamond Peak Half Zip – $98
- For the Fit Fighter. Inspire the fitness seeker outside the gym with this motivational tee. Under Armour Men’s Addicted Graphic T – $24.99
- For the Muscle Focused. If you help warm their muscles with these compression sleeves, you’ll help yourself win a spot in their heart. Zensah Running Compression Leg Sleeve $39.99
- For Everyone. Fun, colored (we mean, filtered) water for all! bobble Water Bottle – $9.99/$13.89
- For the Sassy Stretcher. The lacy design of this comfy hoodie will help stylishly stretch her limbs and her face into a smile. Lulu Lemon Scuba Stretch Hoodie – $108
- For the Beauty Maven. Nicely kempt hair keeps a healthy girl happy and these headbands will do the trick. Under Armour Women’s Mini Headbands – $9.99
What are you giving your friends and family this season? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Photos: FitDeck.com, UnderArmour.com, Nordstrom.com, Target.com
*This is in no way a sponsored/paid post. All opinions given are our own.
Founder of MoChi Fitness, Dawna Hudson started the Hilton Head Metabolism Diet to lose 15 pounds, and has completed Week 3 (Booster Phase).
Dawna’s already lost 30 pounds on the MoChi Diet and wants to lose the rest through clean and balanced eating and exercise. Her starting weight was 149.5 pounds and after 3 weeks, she’s moved down to 143.5 pounds! She only has 6 more pounds to lose and she’s so excited! Dawna will continue checking in with video updates of her weight loss progress so make sure to stay motivated and follow along on the MoChi Fitness Facebook Page and MoChi Fitness Blog!
Read on for some helpful Hilton Head dieting tips!
Each week you will buy foods that are fresh. Below are some ideas and information to keep in mind as you stock your kitchen:
- To add calorie-free flavor to everything you cook, you’ll want a selection of spices on hand… Garlic and onion powder, thyme, oregano, curry, paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, and cinnamon. Fresh basil is best, but dried basil can be substituted.
- Often recipes call for a small amount of ingredient, for instance spaghetti sauce. When possible, freeze the remaining portion in an ice cube tray, then pop out and store in plastic bags in the freezer for the next time you make the spaghetti.
- Read labels to be sure whole wheat or whole grains are the primary ingredients. Look for hidden sugars (any ingredient ending in “-ose” like sucrose and fructose) and fats.
- Your body needs carbohydrates for energy, and the best sources are whole grains. The higher fiber grains keep your blood sugar and insulin in control. This may prevent the development of type II diabetes.
There are a few basic eating rules, if followed regularly, will leave you feeling fantastic. Making these rules a part of your daily life will help sustain not only your new optimum weight, but your overall feeling of health and fitness as well.
- Eat breakfast every day: You will burn up to 70% more calories in the day by having a healthy breakfast. No skipping!
- Calorie Counting & Portion Awareness: If you regularly consume too many calories, the excess is stored as body fat. Keep a food diary with the calorie count. It’s important that you write down everything you eat so that you can track your daily calories. We tend to forget all the little things we eat and only remember the main meals. When dining out make sure you take your calorie counter with you. Do not hesitate to request a take-out container for the leftovers.
- Eat Clean: Consume as many natural clean foods as possible; keep your digestive system healthy with fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains and remember to strengthen your bones by eating plenty of calcium-rich foods. Continue reading
Question: You suffered a series of knee injuries and as a result, your mobility was limited. What made you decide to try a twisting board for exercise?
Answer: A series of knee injuries permanently changed my active lifestyle. I missed the fun of dancing and (fitness) of working out at the gym. But, I refused to live a sedentary existence, so I set out to create a fitness program that would combine my love of dancing, hiking and perpetual movement with music, passion and lively fun to insure a more youthful body. Read more about Dawna’s fitness background HERE.
Q: With various twisting apparatus on the market, why did you decide to design your own?
A: Making the decision to design our own MoChi twisters was vitally important to us. It offers MoChi Fitness Inc., the opportunity to be brand recognized and assures us better quality control, and most importantly, opportunity to offer excellent customer service to our customers. Continue reading